The Magic Of Gratitude
A book came out a few years ago, called ‘The Magic’ and it was all about Gratitude…
…specifically, how Gratitude can have a magical effect on one’s life!
If there is an opposite of gratitude, it might be complaining and negativity which as we all know, makes us feel worse.
Gratitude is an essential mindset for general emotional well-being.
There are so many advantages regarding gratitude and appreciation…especially true when it comes to appreciating one’s own body and health.
Many of us may not look favourably upon ourselves, especially regarding how we look. Due to media pressure and fashion icons, many people can be left feeling dissatisfied with their bodies and how they think they look (and should look!).
Some people may not be in optimum health, leading to a focus on how their health is not ideal.
With a general sense of dissatisfaction and wishing for things to be different, this often contributes to low mood and anxiety. This of course often leads to vulnerability to emotional eating and cravings, often leading to poorer food choices.
Developing a gratitude attitude, especially regarding appreciation for one’s health and body can make a very big difference to the overall mood which as mentioned above, can lead to better food choices and ultimately a healthier balanced weight.
- Take moments to appreciate the wonders of the human body and focus on everything that is currently working well (even if some aspects of your health are not ideal, the likelihood is that most of your body and health is serving you well).
- Some examples of aspects of one’s health & food that can be appreciated are:
- My heart, lungs & respiratory system are all working well
- I can see, hear, feel, move, taste and smell.
- I have fingers and toes, legs and arms and can walk and move easily.
- There is an abundance of food available and a variety of fruits and vegetables…all of which have healing properties.
- I also have an abundance of water which is available within the comforts of my home.
Perhaps work on having as Grateful a day as possible…It is like Magic!